In addition to his musical training, Hernández has developed an important body of work on musicology and research in situ about afro-Venezuelan music for drums since 1996. As a result of his research, Hernández achieves the adaptation of most of the Afro-Venezuelan rhythms to the drum set and publishes in 2007 the book & CD “Ritmos Afrovenezolanos Para La Batería” (Afro-Venezuelan rhythms for the drum set) which he co-authored with Venezuelan pianist Hildemaro Alvarez. This is the first didactic book in its class.
Here are a few highlights from Mr Hernandez’s career:
- 2009 to 2014: Signing as an exclusive artist with Yamaha Drums, Sabian Cymbals, Vic Firth Drumsticks, Remo Drumheads, HiShaker, BR Insumos, Willy Mayo Estuches, Cympad and Gator Cases for USA & Latin America.
- 2007, publishing “Ritmos Afrovenezolanos Para la Bateria Vol.1” (Afro-Venezuelan rhythms for the drumset) co-authored by Venezuelan pianist Hildemaro Alvarez.
- Joe Zawinuls Birdland Club and Porgy & Bess Club (Vienna – Austria)
- Festival Music do Bread (Rio de Janeiro – Brazil)
- House of Theater Fest Jazz (Dominican Republic)
- Bolivar Hall (London – England)
- Reduta Jazz Club (Prague-Czech Republic)
- Boca Nord (Barcelona-Spain)
- School of Contemporary Music in Buenos Aires – Argentina, Bellas Artes Center (Puerto Rico) among others.
Mr. Hernández has brought his music to several of the most famous music places in the world:
Drum Clinic at Kalos Music and Art School based on Mr. Hernandez’s book “RITMOS AFROVENEZOLANOS PARA LA BATERIA”.
Learn More About Our Other Teachers